I’m trying to take a social media vacation, and it’s not working out so well. I’ve found it much more difficult to unplug than I imagined. It’s hard to let go of something that you’re passionate about, which is why I’ve been doing a lot of reading on social media during this downtime.
My Mashable post today includes a list of books on corporate social media. It includes:
- The Groundswell by Josh Bernoff and Charlene Li
- Power of Organizing Without Organizations by Clay Shirky
- Web Analytics: An Hour a Day by Avinash Kaushik
- The New Influencers: A Marketer’s Guide to the New Social Media by Paul Gillin
- The Art of Strategic Listening by Robert Berkman
There are a lot of free ebooks and white papers out there if you don’t want to cough up the money for one of these (cough, cough CHEAP cough, cough). However, if you’re tasked with formulating a corporate social media plan or you just want to learn more about how it can impact your business, any of these are well worth the investment.
Alright, I’m going to try unplugging again and see if it sticks this time.